227 N. Spring Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75702
Inmate Written Correspondence
- Inmates are permitted to send and receive letters. Letters mailed to inmates shall be no larger than 12" by 15".
- Inmates may purchase writing supplies (paper, envelopes, pens, and stamps) from inmate commissary. Writing supplies are furnished to indigent inmates.
- The only item which may be enclosed with correspondence mailed to an inmate is four (4) or less unframed photographs no larger than 4" by 5". Photographs of the self-developing type (Polariod), from which the hard backing has not been removed are not acceptable.
- Any contraband items received will be placed in inmate property and will not be available until the inmate is released from custody.
- The jail is responsible only for mail delivered to it by the U.S. Postal Service. All tracer actions on lost mail must be referred directly to the post office by the sender.
- Address letters to an inmate as follows:
- Sender's first name and last name
- Sender's home address
- City, State, Zip Code
- Inmate's ID:Inmate's Full Name
- C/O Smith County Jail
- 2830 S. Hulen St. Box 809
- Fort Worth, TX 76109